Staying Green on HolidaysThursday 20th of December 2012
POSTED BY: Rebecca Goodwin, WMRC Business Development Manager
YEY - it’s holidays!!!
During the hustle and bustle of the silly season it can be easy to let your green practices slip into holiday mode as well.
So here a couple of tips to help you stay green these holidays if you are heading away from home:
1. Before you leave home, reduce phantom power usage by unplugging appliances.
2. Take along some board games or jigsaw puzzles to save a couple of hours use energy sucking televisions and laptops
3. Take reusable water bottles and coffee cups (I'm a fan of the roll-up ones that fit in your bag)
4. Resist the tempation to use plastic plates and plastic utensils. Instead take non-breakable reusable plates and cutlery.
5. If you go camping; take your rubbish home with you and sort the recyclables at home.
6. If you're buying souvenirs, favour local products made by small business rather than massed produced items.
7. Don't forget your resuable bags for when you hit the shops.
comments powered by Disqus
← Back to blog list